- Proudly made in Australia from the highest quality Australian downs sheep wool with a cotton japara cover. This beautiful Australian wool quilt comes with a 7-year guarantee. Available in various lofts including an all-season option upon request.
- Woolmark Gold
- Made In Australia
- Available in 2 lofts
- 4 different size options
- 7 Year Warranty
- Machine wash & tumble dry
- Made from Australian Wool
- All Seasons comes with two quilts: 1 x Light and 1 x High Loft. Use together or separately. Ideal for all year round comfort.
Nature’s Gift Wool Quilt
$140.00 – $259.00
The Natures Gift Wool Quilt is a quality Australian pure new wool quilt made from luxurious ‘Downs’ Wool. Proudly made in Australia. This beautiful wool quilt has a 5 year guarantee. It is available in 2 lofts – light and super. An All Seasons version is also available on request.
- FILL: Downs Wool
- COVER: Pure Japara cover
- SIZES: Available in Single, Double, Queen and King size.
- LOFTS: Available in 2 lofts – Light and Super
- GUARANTEE: 5 years
- CARE: Dry clean only (A) – Air regularly
- Proudly made in Australia
- Wool – the Miracle FibreWool has been described as a ‘miracle fibre’, and with very good reason. To date, try as they might, scientists have not been able to produce a single fibre to match the incredible properties of wool.Why is wool so special?There are many amazing qualities of wool. It is resilient, warm, a natural insulator and easy to care for. However, the most unique quality of wool is its ability to create a ‘micro-climate’. This micro-climate helps to regulate body temperature and humidity by turning our perspiration from a liquid to a vapour. This is naturally cooling, allowing us to be free from excess heat. Once free of excessive heat, we are able to enjoy calmer, more comfortable sleep.I know wool is great in cold weather, but what do I do with my woollen bedding in warmer weather?
There is a common misconception that wool is best suited for providing warmth in cold conditions. However, because of wool’s myriad of tiny pores that allow access for water vapour, wool, instead of making us hot and clammy in summer, actually keeps us cool and comfortable, meaning your quilt can be used all year round.
Will my wool quilt feel heavy during the night?
Absolutely not. Because of the millions of pockets of trapped air in wool fibres, good quality woollen quilts give you amazing warmth without weight. Unlike other fibres, wool never feels damp or heavy. This is because while we all lose almost half a litre of fluid in the form of perspiration a night, wool spreads and evaporates this moisture, allowing it to stay dry and cool.
Are there other benefits of wool?
- Research studies conducted in Germany have shown that excessive heat can cause disturbed sleep resulting in irregular heart rates and high blood pressure. Because wool keeps us free of heat build up, people who have woollen bedding typically have less problems with these health issues.Also, because of wool’s natural resilience, the pile on a good woollen underlay will diffuse pressure points and cushion the body, making woollen underlays ideal for the elderly and infirm. Sleeping on wool has also been proven to create fewer skin problems and irritations than sleeping on man-made fibres.Finally, one of the most significant aspects of wool bedding is that it is naturally resistant to fire and is a self-extinguishing fibre.What about using woollen bedding for baby?Woollen underblankets and quilts are great for your baby. Because wool is free from excessive heat build up.
Summary of Benefits:
In summary woollen bedding products:
- Have superior insulation
- Are long lasting
- Have high moisture absorption
- Have excellent moisture wicking, allowing for far better evaporation and natural cooling
- Are fire-resistant
- Are natural, sustainable, renewable & eco-friendly
- Have benefits for people with high blood pressure/irregular hearts
- Are ideal for everyone. From the elderly through to babies
Are all woollen bedding products the same?
Absolutely not. There are vast differences in the types of wool used in bedding. The breed of sheep, where the wool comes from on the sheep, and how the wool is treated after collection are all vital to the quality of the wool product.
Where does Bambi Wool come from, and why is it such good quality?
Bambi have been making woollen products for over 35 years and it is this length of experience that has led Bambi to securing the best wool in Australia. Our wool comes from the Poll Dorset sheep in Coonawarra, S.A. It comes from a breed of sheep which is unique in the way the wool grows on the sheep. While the majority of sheep grow their wool in a corrugated fashion, the Poll Dorset wool grows in a spiral fashion. This means that the wool is more breathable and can achieve higher lofts. It also means that the wool can be machine washed (and in most cases tumbled dried) without the wool forming into heavy clumps after washing.
Bambi Woollen products are also made in Australia at our West Gosford factory. Because our woollen products have such a high level of craftsmanship, they all come with 10, 7 and 5 year guarantees.
Double, King, Queen, Single
All Seasons, Light, Super